FAQ's for newcomers
Where do I park?
- Parking is available on the street around the church, in front of the church and on the west and north side of the church.
What time does the church service start?
- Our Sunday morning worship service begins at 10:50am. Come a little early and help yourself to a free cup of coffee and a treat before the service!
Where do I go for the church service?
- From the main foyer, head up the stairs to the sanctuary. The stairs on the west side lead to the main sanctuary and the stairs on the northeast side lead to what we call the overflow area of the sanctuary. The back two benches on the west & center rows of the main sanctuary are reserved for parents who might need to use the nursery.
What can I expect?
- Our worship service begins with singing followed by a few important announcements and a time of prayer.
- Kids ages 2 to grade 6 are called to the front for a few minutes especially devoted to them and they are then dismissed for Sunday school.
- After a few more songs, we then transition to a time of practical teaching from the Bible from one of our pastors. The service normally ends with a final song.
What is available for my kid's on Sunday?
- There is a nursery available for children under 2 years old. The nursery isn't staffed but it is a quiet place to take your little ones when they need it. It is located off the foyer leading into the sanctuary.
- Child care is provided for 2 and 3 year olds throughout the year. The children attend the first part of the worship service starting at 10:50am, and are dismissed at approximately 11:15am with the Sunday school children. Parents must accompany 2 and 3 year olds to their classroom downstairs on the west side and sign them in.
- Sunday School is offered for kids from age 4 to Grade 6 on Sunday mornings (except in summer). Children attend the first part of the worship service starting at 10:50am, and are dismissed for Sunday School at approximately 11:15am. During the summer, children are intentionally involved in the worship service through a Children’s Feature.
What is available for my kid's during the week?
- Our Youth Group consists of Jr. High (grades 7-9) and Sr. High (grades 10-12) youth. They meet on Wednesdays around 3:30pm. There are boardgames, a meal, Biblestudies and testimoniesThe evening end at around 8:00pm.
What is available for young adults?
- We have one young adult Bible study/care groups (The "old" young adults). They meet at the Hugh & Connie Sjostrom's on Tuesday at 7:30pm. For directions or more information, call 403.546.2470.
What is available for women?
- Ladies Bible Study meets on Mondays at 1:30pm during the school year.
- Mom's Time Out runs during the school year on Wednesday mornings from 9:30am-11:30am. Moms get an opportunity to visit, study and pray together while their young children are cared for. The program will begin again in the Fall.
- Ladies Quilting meets on Wednesday afternoon at 1:30pm.
- Our Ladies Ministry Team organize an annual Ladies Christmas Banquet and Ladies Spring Tea which provide time for ladies to connect with each other and be encouraged.
What is available for men?
- Men's prayer meeting takes place at the church Saturday mornings at 7:30am.
What is available for everyone?
- We have two adult Sunday school classes that meet at 9:30 am.
- There is a traditional church service that takes place on Sundays at 9:30am at the Linden Lodge. Everyone is welcome to attend.
- Our weekly prayer meeting takes place on Monday mornings at 10:50am at the church.